INSIGHT
NEWS & VIEWS
REVIEW
Creative Essay

Written by Choi Soo-hyun, CEO of Perception (Creative Director)

There are many complexities in the world. What if creative people create complexes? Scholars say that everyone has a complex in his or her mind and that he or she is not aware of it.

These days, not only designers but also everyone is interested in creative. With the boundaries between professionals and amateurs blurring, people who are not in traditionally creative jobs also reveal their ingenious imagination in various forms. Sometimes questions that require different thinking are given to the CSAT or essay tests, and very 'strange' questions appear during job interviews to evaluate creative skills. A few years ago, "Logical Thinking" became a must-have virtue, and now "Creative Thinking" is being emphasized along with it. Wouldn't this society want all of us to be geniuses?

Born to Be Creative?

'Why can't I be creative?' It is a question that many designers agonize over and ask themselves every minute. When we see the ingenious ideas of fellow designers when we see that they've already made them, we sigh day after day in front of a client with a series of "Is there anything more unusual?" I thought, "Should I not design?You even feel frustrated.
Some people try to placate themselves with excuses such as "a family of artists" or "a genius," but it's just a moment. Of course there are creative geniuses in the world who repeatedly shout "This is it!" However, most creators start from very ordinary places. Fina creates creative as a result of effort, countless nights and trial and error. Isn't there still hope for the majority of creators that Edison says are practicing 99% effort and 1% ability without regret?

Sentenced to Creative Work

When you're among designers who crave creative every day, sometimes you worry that you're self- 'I'm a creator, I have to be different,' 'I have to be unique, I can be unique.' Of course, different thoughts and lifestyles can help, but I often become a 'strange and eccentric' when I try to pursue something 'unique and unique' because I have to be different from others. Not long ago, during a psychological test, even I realized how much stress I was under from creative Testing picture cards, matching situations and so on, all I had in my head was, 'I'm a creator, how can I talk a little differently?' The clinical psychologist who was watching gives a word. "Are you a designer?" I smiled once and said, "You must be under a lot of stress. Make yourself at home."

Overcome Complexes & Become Happy Creators
It's a world that seems so ordinary among all the people who want to be unique. Didn't famous creators have this complex hundreds of years ago? Many designers say. 'It's already out. What more should I do?' Yes. Too much material goes around, and if you look a little bit more away, you can easily get access to creative from all over the world. Sometimes it seems impossible to even discover something new things. However, we know the very good saying, 'As good as you see, as good as you experience, as good as you know.' Countless stories of the world are getting ready to go into our potential. Before you think, "Why can I only do this?" Think about "Why did I only experience this?" As much as you've experienced, you're bound to increase your creative.  

Not long ago, a new web designer says, "I'm going to Dongdaemun to see some cloth." I ask, "What are you going to make?" She answers. "No, I'd like to see a pattern or color. There are more sources of web design outside of the web." I'm pleased, 'Well done.' He seems to be well aware that numerous information become knowledgeable, and that there is aesthetics in extracting and editing it.

Living in an exciting creative world, we are in a way blessed life. Let's not obsess over too much creative stuff. Let's be a happy creator who doesn't have a complex but a vitamin in life, discovering new things from small things about this strange thing. 

닫기
퍼셉션 회원을 위한 서비스입니다.로그인이 필요합니다.